GoodDeeds is passionate about helping elders achieve and enjoy an independent lifestyle; and we appreciate that there are many types of services with which elders may need assistance.
For instance, some may need help researching assisted living options, moving or downsizing, or with estate sales. Others may require assistance paying monthly bills, making travel arrangements or purchasing gifts. For family members who live out of town or are not always available, we can provide comfort and relieve stress with getting loved ones to and from the airport or to important appointments.
GoodDeeds offers a calming, friendly and trusted resource to help elders continue to feel competent, independent, and cared for — bringing peace of mind to adult children (and other caretakers) who need support and assistance for their aging parents.
Below is a listing of the many ways we provide assistance to elders and caregivers. As always, GoodDeeds is happy to help with other tasks that are not among those listed here:
- Organizing Services – Organizing entire homes, closets, home offices, basements, storage facilities, photo albums, management of estate sales
- Moving/Downsizing – Managing all aspects of a move from hiring a mover, packing and unpacking, sorting, selling and distribution of possessions, setting up new home, overseeing renovations, suspension of utilities at former residence and set up of utilities at new residence, change of address tasks
- Administrative Assistance – Opening & sorting mail, bill paying, holiday card mailings, document management and research associated with settlement of estate, death of a spouse and healthcare
- Computer Services – Research, purchase and setup of new computer equipment and other electronics (i.e. cameras, iPods), training on internet, email, and Microsoft programs
- Research – Specialized Staffing Services medical equipment (sales and rentals), assisted living facilities, purchasing a new car
- Vendor Resourcing – Identifying high-caliber vendors such as geriatric care counselors, accountants and attorneys
- Personal shopping – Assisting with online and in-store shopping, wardrobe updates, shopping for special occasions and holiday gifts, wrapping and shipping
- Travel Planning – Trip planning including researching destinations, booking reservations, travel escorting
- “While Your Away” Home Management Services – Overseeing all aspects of home management while away for a vacation or while at a winter home, to include maintenance checks, management of facilities (snow removal, landscaping), grocery stocking, watering plants, handling mail and bill paying
- Event Planning – Coordinating all logistical aspects of events such as dinner parties, birthday parties, anniversaries, showers and surprise parties
- Domestic Staffing – Personal Assistant, House Manager, Private Duty Nurse, Chef, Driver, Companion search